- 1½ cups long grain rice, washed
- 430ml water
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 stalk lemon grass, lightly bruised
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamoms, lightly smashed
- 1 star anise
- 1 pandan leaf, shredded and knotted
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 Bombay onion, sliced
- Cook the rice together with the rest of the ingredients (a) in a rice cooker.
- When rice is just cooked, add the margarine and stir well until it is melted.
- Allow rice to stand for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.