Not sure what to whip up for a fancy dessert? You can’t go wrong by serving up this classic Bombe Alaska. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Prawn Oil Aglio Olio Pasta
- Deep-Fried Crab and Taro Summer Rolls
- Salmon, Broccoli and Cheese Crackers Savoury Flan
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce
- Ferrero Rocher Pannacotta
- Banana and Chocolate Puffs
- Mango and Kaffir Lime Curd
- 2 kg vanilla ice cream
- Biscuit base
- 200 g butter or digestive cookies (crumbled)
- 200 g margarine (melted)
- 8 egg whites
- 250 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- To make biscuit base: Combine biscuits and margarine, and mix well. Spread 1/3 of the ice cream over the bottom of a 24 x 10 x 7cm loaf pan (preferably silicon). Cover with biscuit base and freeze.
- Just before serving, remove the ice cream from the pan.