This recipe is best with
- Choux Paste:
- 125g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 125g water
- 1/2tsp salt
- 10g sugar
- 100g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 150g all purpose flour
- 4 whole eggs Grade A
- Vanilla Custard Cream:
- 500g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolk
- 125g sugar
- 40g corn flour
- 50g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 250g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- Boil the milk, water, salt, sugar and butter in a pot.
- Remove from heat and add the flours and mix well.
- Immediately put back on heat and cook until the dough start stick around the pot. (Cook the dough about 2 - 3 minutes while you mix and move it around in the pan)
- Once done, transfer to a mixing bowl and let it cold down slightly for few minutes.
- Using a paddle attachment, add in eggs one at a time to mix, mixing well after each addition. Mix until you reach the right consistency. (i.e. a dough with a glossy sheen with pipeable consistency. You may or may not use up all the eggs or adjust by adding slightly more eggs)
- Using a round piping tip, pipe the dough on a non-stick baking tray. (About 3.5cm round ball each)
- Slighly press the top surface using fork with some beaten egg. To flatten or smoothen the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C for about 30 minutes(depending on size).
- Leave aside to cool down.
- Using a medium sauce pan, bring milk and vanilla extract to a boil.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolk and sugar until well. Then add in corn starch to mix well.
- Pour 1/3 part of the hot milk into the egg mixture and immediately mix well. Continue to mix in the remaining hot milk.
- Bring the mixture back to saucepan and cook until bubbling. (whisk constantly during cooking, the custard should be thicken and become glossy)
- Remove from the heat and immediately add in the soft butter. Mix well.
- Transfer the custard to a bowl and cover well the top by touching the custard surface with plastic wrap. Cool down to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, whip whipping cream until soft peak. Then fold into the custard.
- Fully fill into the ready choux puffs. Then dust with snow icing for deco. Serve chill.
For the Choux Paste:
For the Vanilla Custard Cream: