- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and fry onion, garlic and leek.
- Cook, stirring for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir briskly until it turns light golden.
- Add the mushrooms and stir for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms have softened. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Blend the soup in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream and reheat gently, stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes or until the soup is warmed through.
- Ladle into individual bowls and top up with garnishing.
You may also like