Instead of buying a box of chocolates, why not impress friends and family with delicious homemade Nutella truffles? This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Mincemeat Tarts
- Rich Fruit Cake
- Old-fashioned Macarons
- Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Banana Bread in a Jar
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Reindeer Crunch
- 250 g dark couverture chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 125 g margarine
- 150 ml UHT cream
- 200 g Nutella
- 200 g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Place the chocolate and the margarine in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream to boiling stage. Pour over the chocolate and stir with a spatula until mixture is well-incorporated. Stir in Nutella in two batches and transfer the ganache into a piping bag.
- Cover a plate or a tray with cling film. Pipe a long cylinder of ganache (about 2cm in diameter) and chill 1 hour in the refrigerator. Cut into 4cm pieces and roll in cocoa powder.
- The truffles can be kept for 4 to 6 days, refrigerated, in an air-tight container.