Turnip-like jicama is a crispy, sweet root that lends itself well to salads, salsas and vegetable platters. What’s more, it’s chock-full of protein, lipids, vitamins and minerals!
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Watermelon Curry
- Festive Couscous
- Paneer Kebabs
- Plantain Koftas with Pineapple Curry
- Quinoa and Potato Cakes
- Sanwin Makin
- Pumpkin and Apple Halwa
- 2 tbsp lime (fresh; or lemon juice)
- chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 450 g jicama (yambean or sengkuang; peeled and grated)
- pomegranate seeds from 1 large pomegranate
- 2 sprigs mint leaves (fresh; finely shredded)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, salt and pepper and stir to dissolve the salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.