Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan western recipes, Granola is delicious and you can easily put it together for breakfast. .
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Liquid mixture:
- 50ml palm cooking oil
- 80ml honey
- 1 tsp sea salt (fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g bananas (ripe)
- 100g passion fruit pulp
- 500g rolled oats
- Seeds & nuts mixture:
- 100g pumpkin seeds (lightly toasted)
- 100g almond flakes (toasted)
- 100g Dried Cranberries (or raisins)
- 100g dried apricots
- Blend all the ingredients for the liquid mixture and mix with the oats. Spread mixture evenly in a single layer on baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven with a fan at 130°C for 90 minutes; rotate the trays, gently turning the oats every 30 minutes so that they bake evenly, until dry and crisp.
- Cool before mixing with the seeds and nuts. Store in an airtight container. Just before serving, add in the dried fruits, then serve with milk or yoghurt, and fresh fruit.