Who says home-made ice cream is difficult to make? This Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce with a biscuit base is sure to be everyone’s favourite dessert. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
Deep-Fried Crab and Taro Summer Rolls
Salmon, Broccoli and Cheese Crackers Savoury Flan
This recipe is best with
- chocolate cereal base:
- 100 g chocolate
- 100 g rice cereal
- ice cream:
- 100 g sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 125 ml milk
- 75 g peanut butter
- 250 ml UHT whipping cream
- caramel sauce (for serving)
- In a bain-marie, melt the chocolate.
- Mix it with the cereal.
- Press lightly into 7cm-diameter ring moulds set on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Cream sugar and egg yolks.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and peanut butter and bring to a boil.
- Pour half the milk mixture onto the egg yolk mixture and whisk until well-combined.
- Add the rest of the mixture and cook, stirring continuously over low heat, till 83°C, and the mixture can coat the back of a spatula.
- Transfer immediately into a mixing bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Whip the cream to the stiff peak stage.
- Mix milk mixture with whipped cream and pipe into 7cm half-sphere or muffin silicon moulds.
- Freeze till solid.
- Remove ice cream from moulds, and place on top of the chocolate crisp bases.
- Serve plain or with caramel sauce.
To prepare base:
To prepare ice cream: